After A Heavy Snow

                                                     By Parker Po-Fei Huang



                                                        A bank of whiteness

    

                                                           Is all I see. Have I


                                                       tossed away the world


                                                         or the world me? Or


                                                           is it just a single


                                                      moment that I stand on


                                                          a sheer precipice


                                                        with clouds passing


                                                               through me?



                                                      Some mists sweep the


                                                       sky. Some stars elicit


                                                         serenity. I feel that


                                                         I am gathering the


                                                      reflections of a flower


                                                     in the water and that of


                                                     the moon in the mirror—


                                                       no scent, no motion,


                                                        yet I sense eternity.



                                                       I stop breathing lest


                                                       I wake myself. From


                                                      where, of what world,


                                                       have I come here? I


                                                      turn my head and see


                                                     there are only footprints


                                                             that follow me.






Sunday, January 13, 2008

Alice Visel Memories

I  remember that everyone in my family loved watching him do Tai Chi in the driveway often.  I always bragged about my smart neighbors!  I remember that when Marion bought a motorcycle my father thought that if he told her she could not keep it in our yard that she would get rid of it.  But your Dad allowed her to park it in your yard!  And my Dad stayed friends with your Dad!  I remember that my father was always impressed by yours because of his education and connection with Yale.  Yet your Dad made me feel that he was just as impressed by my Dad for being able to fix a car or anything else and the fact that my Dad really enjoyed yard work.  Those were the days!  I loved them and I'm grateful to you and your family for being such a major part of them.  Marion and I took a Tai Chi course a few years ago but I didn't stick with it.  In honor and remembrance of your Dad I'm going to start doing it again.  


Love, Alice  

No comments: